Friday, October 5, 2018

Universal Studios Monsters 3.75 Inch Retro Action Figures (SDCC 2018 Exclusive Colorways with Die Cut Cardbacks) - Super7 (2018)

Super7 Universal Monsters 3.75" ReAction Figures - SDCC 2018 Exclusive Colorways with Die Cut Cardbacks

Super7 is coming out with a new line of Universal Monsters 3.75" ReAction figures that is slated to go on sale next week, just in time for Halloween.  The first wave will feature The Phantom of the Opera Masque of the Red Death, The Metaluna Mutant, The Mole People, The Wolf Man, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and The Mummy.  These are all-new sculpts, different than the Funko ReAction Universal Monsters line from a few years ago, and the cards all have stunning painted artwork from Ed Repka.  I'm very excited for these to be released.

First series of the regular Super7 Universal Monsters ReAction figures - COMING NEXT WEEK!
As a preview of these figures, Super7 released some as exclusives at their "Universal Monsters Boodega Monstore Pop-Up Event" at San Diego Comic-Con 2018.  These exclusive versions came on die-cut cards with dynamic hyper-colorful paint jobs.  They looked like Remco's glow-in-the-dark cardbacks from their 1980s monster line mashed up with a psychedelic black light poster.

Figures in Their Bubbles
The Creature from the Black Lagoon - I Don't Have This One :(


The Creature from the Black Lagoon sold out at Comic-Con, but Super7 had some of the other three figures (The Mummy, The Wolf Man, and The Metaluna Mutant) left over, and put them for sale online.  That's where I picked these up.  I'm not planning on opening these up like I do with most of my figures, as the design really seem like it's best in the package.  So here are a few photos of the figures IN the package, as well as a promotional pic of the Creature that I did not take myself.  When I get the regular set of figures that are going on sale next week, I WILL be opening those up, so expect top see some more detailed photos of those figures soon.

Mummy

Metaluna Mutant

Wolf Man

Back of the Cards

The Mummy

Classic Monsters



2 comments:

  1. These are really, really cool. I'm probably going to pick these up. Well, at least the ones that Funko didn't get around too. I do wish Super7 could get the price down on these a bit. At $10 I'd be all over these but at $15 I'm pretty choosy. I feel like most of Super7's stuff, with the exception of MUSCLE, is usually about $5 higher than everything else on the market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm O.K. paying extra for figures from a smaller company like Super7. I know they don't have the ability to compete on price with a big toy company like Mattel or Hasbro.

      There are limits, though. I love a lot of the 8 inch retro figures that Figures Toy Company makes, for instance, but they're charging $30 per figure, now. So I've pretty much stopped collecting those, unless I can find them for sale, or cheap on ebay.

      At $15 I'm still on board with Super7's ReAction figures, especially when it's a franchise I really love, like Universal Monsters, or Planet of the Apes, or Alien. Super7's original line The Worst are pretty great, too. So I guess as long as they are making figures that I love, and packaging them on cards with such beautiful artwork like they do,I'm cool with paying $15. But yeah, if they were charging $10 bucks each? I'd probably buy every figure they made, and the variants, and even duplicates so I could keep one set on the card and open them up.

      Delete