Sunday, October 14, 2012

Countdown to Halloween: Week 2

COUNTDOWN TO HALLOWEEN 2012
KARLOFF THE UNCANNY
DAY 14 - 17 DAYS TILL HALLOWEEN

Hi!  I hope you enjoyed my second week of the Countdown to Halloween.  We're just two weeks in to October 2012, and I already have more page views than any other month that I've had this blog.  Thanks to everyone who has been reading this!  I'm going to recap my posts for the week, and then follow that up with some embedded videos, including a full length feature film!  Read on:

 

KARLOFF THE UNCANNY

This week I focused on Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's Monster in the first three Frankenstein films.  On Monday, I reviewed the 1931 film Frankenstein, and on Tuesday I posted 59 screencaps from the film.


 On Thursday and Friday, I posted a review and screencaps from The Bride of Frankenstein.

On Saturday, I posted my review and screencaps of Son of Frankenstein.


HALLOWEEN 1966

On Wednesday, I posted the second volume of my "Halloween 1966" music compilation: "Criminals and Psychos." 

NEXT WEEK ON MISFIT ROBOT DAYDREAM

After two weeks of posting every day, I've burned through my backlog of extra posts I had prepared for the Countdown.  I'm typing stuff up as fast as I can to meet my deadline, but honestly, I'm not sure exactly what will be finished in time.  I'm currently working on my reviews of Diamond Select's Frankenstein and The Mummy action figures, a list of the top 10 vintage Frankenstien toys from the 1950s through the 1980s, volume three of my music compilation, and the second half of my "Horror in Space" movie reviews.  So tune in tomorrow to find out what's coming up first!

VIDEOS

Finally, to cap off this week, here are some YouTube movie trailers I found for the movies I looked at this week.  Then, we have tonight's feature presentation, a full length video of the low-budget, public domain cheesefest, Frankenstein's Daughter, courtesy of the Internet Archive.

Frankenstein


The Bride of Frankenstein

Son of Frankenstein



Frankenstein's Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment