Sunday, October 21, 2012

Countdown to Halloween: Week 3


 COUNTDOWN TO HALLOWEEN 2012
THE HAUNTED TOYBOX
DAY 21 - 10 DAYS TILL HALLOWEEN


Today marks the end of week 3 of my Countdown to Halloween.  I've got a ton of new readers to this blog this month.  In fact, so far October 2012 has more than double the number of pageviews of any other month I've had this blog, and we've still got more than a week to go!  Thanks a lot to everyone reading this stuff, I hope you're enjoying it.

For this post, I'm going to recap what I posted this week, and then I'm going to embed some fun YouTube video clips related to the stuff I've been posting this month.  Then I'm going to follow that up with a free feature film from the Internet Archive; the super cheesy grade z horror comedy, "Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla."

The Haunted Toybox
So far this month I've had a new theme every week.  This week's theme was "The Haunted Toybox."

The week began with a double whammy of Boris Karloff toys.  On Monday, I reviewed Diamond Select's Frankenstein action figure, and then on Tuesday I followed that up with a review of Diamond Select's The Mummy action figure.

On Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, I had a three part series of "Frankentoys" posts, where I counted down the top 10 vintage Frankenstein toy of the 1960s, '70s, and '80s.
Part One / Part Two / Part Three

Frankenstein's Monster, The Mummy, and Naked Mego Batman
Remco Mini Monsters
AHI's Official World Famous Super Monsters



Halloween 1966
As usual for my Countdown to Halloween, on Wednesday, I broke from the week's theme to post the latest installment of my "Halloween 1966" music compilation.  This week's compilation was entitled "Weird Things," and dealt with dangerous animals, and primitive, animal-like people.
Weird Things


Next Week on Misfit Robot Daydream
I used up all of my posts I had written ahead of time about a week ago, and this week I've been getting these posts published by the skin of my teeth.  So, honestly, I'm not sure what's coming up next week yet, as I haven't started writing it.  I've managed to post every day in October, so far, though, and I intend to keep that up.  I'll probably start up on the second half of my "Horror in Space" posts, this time moving on from the 1950s and '60s, into the 1970s and '80s.  But I'm going to have to go an a massive movie viewing marathon over the next few days to do that, so we'll see how that works out.

And Now, For Our Feature Presentation
I couldn't find any good videos for the toys I blogged about this week, so instead I'm going to feature some trailers and clips from my "Halloween 1966" music compilations.

Then I'm going to follow that up with a cheap-o grade z horror comedy, "Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla," starring Bela Lugosi, of course, whose career was in obvious decline at this point.  Also starring a pair of Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin impersonators.  I'm guessing that maybe the producers thought they might fool some people into thinking this movie actually starred Martin & Lewis?  I'm not sure, but this movie is fairly infamous, and was one I always read about as a kid in the old days before DVDs and the internet.  Now that I can actually see it, I'm not sure I'm better off.  :)

The Navy Vs. The Night Monsters

The Undertaker and His Pals


Space Ghost


The Death Curse of Tartu


Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla

No comments:

Post a Comment