Sunday, January 18, 2015

Batman Classic TV Series 25 Piece Crime Fighting Accessory Pack


Today I'm playing with the Batman Classic TV Series 25 Piece Crime Fighting Accessory Pack from Figures Toy Company.  It's a collection of great accessories to go with FTC's line of Batman '66 8 inch Mego-Style retro action figures.  The accessory pack comes with a pair of alternate "Bat Breather" heads for Batman and Robin, a spare utility belt, 3 sets of Batcuffs, 3 sets of Batarangs, a briefcase crime lab, a bust of William Shakespeare, 2 Batphones, a Bat Bazooka, a set of Oceanic Repellent Bat Sprays, a bomb, 2 radios, 2 walkie-talkies, and 2 Bat-Shileds.  All of these accessories come straight from the TV show or the 1966 Batman movie, and they are must haves if you are setting up a Batcave diorama, or just need some fun stuff for your figures to play with.

Oceanic Repellent Bat Sprays

I do have a few minor complaints with these accessories.  The briefcase crime lab doesn't fit in Batman's hand very well.  He can hold it, but you have to balance it just right.  The bazooka is too heavy to be supported by these figures' arms, and they can only hold it pointing down.  And I'm not really keen on the alternate heads.  I tried to swap the heads out, but it felt like I was going to break the necks of my figures popping their heads off, so I ended up not doing it.  It probably would have been fine if I heated the figures up first, but I didn't feel like going to all that trouble.  A smaller gas mask/rebreather that fit over the figures' heads would have been a nicer choice.  Still, for the most part. I'm really happy with these accessories.  I hope we'll see even more stuff like this from FTC in the future.  I'd love to get some bat computer pieces, and maybe even a Batmobile or Batcave playset out of this line.

More pictures after the break!



Batman Classic TV Series 25 Piece Crime Fighting Accessory Pack

Bat Shields

Batarang and Batzooka

Batman Demonstrates His Batcuffs

Robin and His Bat Walkie-Talkie


"Commissioner Gordon on the line!"

The Batphone

Batzooka


"To the Bat-Poles, Robin!"

Mobile Crime Lab


Batman

No comments:

Post a Comment