Sunday, January 25, 2015

Legends of Cthulhu "The Professor" and "The Deep Ones" 4 Inch Retro Action Figures - Warpo (2015)


I've been spending all week playing with and photographing my new set of Legends of Cthulhu action figures from Warpo.  I ended up taking so many photos that it's taking me forever to sort through them all, so I decided to split my review up into a few different posts.  So today I'll be looking at The Professor and The Deep Ones.  Both figures feature the standard retro style 5 points of articulation.  The Deep Ones come with a spear, and the Professor comes with a gun and a small green Cthulhu idol.  The Professor is about 4 inches tall, and the Deep One is about 3 1/2, and they fit in great with similar sized figures like Kenner Star Wars or Funko ReAction.

The Professor is a nice figure.  He has a good sculpt that that is simple and retro, yet still has lots of nice details and personality to it.  But my favorite figures are the Deep Ones.  Everything about these guys are fantastic.  The sculpt is perfect, it's simple and cartoony, yet still full of creepy details.  And the paint job on the figure is great.  It's got several different flat colors, as well as some really nice airbrushing to to add shading and bring out the details.  They've done a really good job with doing a more modern detailed paint job, that still is simple enough to retain that retro feel from the 1970s or '80s.  Check out my photos of these figures after the break...


The Professor in the Ruined Library

The Professor Discovers a Cthulhu Idol

The Deep Ones at the River of Snakes

A Trio of Deep Ones

A Pair of Deep Ones

The Professor Encounters the Deep Ones

The Professor in Peril

Horror of the Deep Ones

The Deep Ones Approach the Professor

The Professor is Surrounded
In my next post I'll be looking at the Cultist and Spawn of Cthulhu figures, as well as the bonus Kickstarter figures High Priest and Conjured Cthulhu.  Hopefully it won't take me another week to get that post done.



Classic Monsters

No comments:

Post a Comment