Sunday, October 18, 2015

Custom Tomland Monster #2: The Abominable Snowman

For my second Tomland Monster custom, I have the Abominable Snowman.  Tomland's Abominable Snowman was also known as "Abominable Snow Man Yeti" and was also packaged as an alien in the Star Raiders line as "Tago."  Read all about those original figures HERE (Famous Monsters version) and HERE (Star Raiders version).

The paint job I employed on this head was copied directly from the original figure.  The difference is the outfit.  The original had a loose white jumpsuit with fringe along the edges.  I couldn't find anything quite like that, and I didn't want to try to make clothes from scratch, so I went with this "ghost" outfit from Classic TV Toys.  I think it works pretty well for the creature, though, in both form and color.


BONUS!  MUSIC VIDEO:
Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers - Abominable Snowman In The Market


Classic Monsters

No comments:

Post a Comment