|The Ghost of Frankenstein (1942)|
- Frankenstein (1931) - Doctor Henry Frankenstein and his assistant Fritz build a monster from body parts. The monster goes on a killing spree, and kills Fritz, and attempts to kill Dr. Frankenstein. Dr. Frankenstein survives and goes on to marry his fiancée Elizabeth. The Monster is chased by villagers into an old windmill, and they set fire to the mill, killing the Monster by burning him alive.
- The Bride of Frankenstein (1935) - It is revealed that The Monster has survived the fire. He meets another mad scientist, Dr. Pretorius, and the two kidnap Elizabeth to force Henry Frankenstein to continue his experiments, this time building a female to be The Monster's Bride. However The Bride rejects The Monster, and The Monster, no longer wishing to live, triggers an explosion in the laboratory, killing himself for a second time, along with The Bride and Dr. Pretorius. Meanwhile, Henry and Elizabeth flee the scene and survive.
- Son of Frankenstein (1939) - Many years have passed, and Wolf Von Frankenstein, the son of Henry and Elizabeth from the first two films, returns to his father's home, along with his wife Elsa and his young son. Wolf wishes to continue his father's experiments and redeem his family name. Wolf meets Ygor (played by Bela Lugosi), a madman with a neck twisted out of shape after he survived a hanging for graverobbing. The pair discover The Monster's body, still intact, and decide to revive it. However, after bringing The Monster back to life, Ygor gains control of him by playing a weird wooden flute, and uses him to commit a series of murders. Wolf shoots and kills Ygor, and The Monster plunges to his third death, this time in a pit of molten sulfur. The Frankenstein family decides to leave the village behind and return to their old life. They abandon the castle and give the keys to the villagers.
|Ygor Digs The Monster Out of the Sulfur|
MORE AFTER THE BREAK...
|The Monster on Trial|
|Mad Science at Work|
- Ludwig wants to put in the brain of Dr. Kettering, his assistant who recently died after contracting a bad case of choked-to-death-by-the-monster-itis.
- Ygor, however, wants his own brain transplanted into the monster. It seems that Ygor is tired of his twisted, bullet-ridden, crippled body, and would much rather have a powerful, immortal body like The Monster's. Plus that way, he and his friend The Monster could be together forever.
- Finally, The Monster himself has his own idea, and this one is the best yet. He kidnaps the little girl he befriended, and wants her brain removed and implanted in his head. This is the point where I realized that this was kind of an awesome movie.
|The Monster Wants the Brain of a Tiny Little Girl|
|The Monster With Ygor's Brain is an Evil Madman|
|The Frankenstein Estate Burns to the Ground|