Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Universal Monsters "Frankenstein" and "Bride of Frankenstein" Retro Action Figures - Funko/Super7 (2014)



This week I'm featuring Funko and Super7's Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein ReAction figures.  Long story short, I love these figures.  The only thing I'm not 100% on board with is the way they sculpted the Bride's dress.  I think they should have either made it a solid piece, like The Clash of the Titan's Charon action figure, or rounded it off, like how Kenner sculpted Princess Leia.  The split down the middle look Funko went for here makes her look like she has Gumby legs!  Don't get me wrong though... I loves me some Gumby... I just don't think it's the best look for this figure.  But it's still a great figure, and I love having it my collection.

So check out my photos below.  They feature Frankie and The Bride, and guest star Alan Alda as "The Mad Doctor."
 

So come up to the lab...
The Mad Doctor Raises the Slab

...and see what's on the slab.
The Creature Absorbs the Electric Current

I see you shiver with antici...pation!
"It's Alive!"

The Creature Walks

For the Monster: A Bride

The Bride Awakes

The Creatures' Courtship

"Let's have a double wedding!"

"I know pronounce you Man, Wife, Manster, and, uhh, Womonster?"

"Gosh, I can't wait 'til we tell Ben Kenobi!"
"You may now kiss your brides!"





Frankenstein





No comments:

Post a Comment