Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Best Albums of 2009

 Here's my top 24 best albums of the year 2009.  Yeah, I know 24 is a weird number, but it's all I could come up up with.  There were other albums that I thought were o.k., but nothing so good it deserved to be on this list.  Technically, I suppose this is actually my top 23 of 2009, because one of the records actually came out in 2008, but I never got around to listening to it until 2009.


24. OOIOO - Armonico Hewa
23. Bat For Lashes - Two Suns
22. Baroness - Blue Record
21. Jason Lytle - Yours Truly, The Commuter
20. Morrissey - Years of Refusal
19. Oneida - Rated O
18. Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum
17. Jarvis Cocker - Further Complications
16. Marmaduke Duke - Duke Pandemonium
15. Art Brut - Art Brut Vs. Satan
14. White Lies - To Lose My Life...
13. Black Lips - 200 Million Thousand
12. Sky Larkin - The Golden Spike
11. Eagles of Death Metal - Heart On*
10. Super Furry Animals - Dark Days/Light Years
9. Blank Dogs - Under and Under
8. Jamie T - Kings & Queens
7. Black Moth Super Rainbow - Eating Us
6. Arctic Monkeys - Humbug
5. Flight of the Conchords - I Told You I Was Freaky
4. Peaches - I Feel Cream
3. Phoenix - Wolgang Amadeus Phoenix
2. Sonic Youth - The Eternal
1. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz!

The best movie of the year was Observe and Report, which was like Taxi Driver, but a little funnier.  I don't think there were enough good movies to warrant making a list for that though.  I'm not going to make lists for any of the other stuff I usually do, like books, video games, and what have you, either.  I'm not saying 2009 was a BAD year for that stuff, I just don't think there was a lot of really good stuff worth celebrating.

*2008


No comments:

Post a Comment