Saturday, October 27, 2018

Samantha from "Bewitched" and The Wicked Witch from "The Wizard of Oz" 8 Inch Retro Action Figures - Mego Corporation (2018)

Samantha from "Bewitched" and The Wicked Witch from "The Wizard of Oz" - Mego Corporation (2018)
This October, two Mego witches can be found haunting the aisles of local Target stores.  One is The Wicked Witch of the West, which is a recreation of the figure Mego first produced in 1975.  It's part of a "Wizard of Oz" 2 pack that also comes with Dorothy.  The other witch is Samantha from the classic 1960s TV show "Bewitched."

Samantha
The two figures share the same witch hat, but are otherwise unique.  Samantha comes with a cartoon cat that Bewitched fans will recognize from the animated opening credits of the TV show.  The Wicked Witch comes with her broom.

Wizard of Oz 2-Pack
I'm not really that big of a Bewitched or Wizard of Oz fan.  I mean, I liked them both when I was a kid, but not enough to want to collect merchandise from the properties as an adult.  That being said, I am a fan of Mego Monsters, especially around Halloween, so I couldn't resist adding two new witches to my collection.

The Wicked Witch

Samantha and Her Accessories

Bewitched Package

The Wizard of Oz Figures Come With a Diorama Backdrop

Classic Monsters


1 comment:

  1. Way back in grade school, one of my friend's little sisters had all the Oz Mego stuff, the dolls and the Wizard playset. I still thought it was pretty cool back then.

    ReplyDelete