|'Zat You, Santa Claus? From, "Christmas Evil."|
Christmas Evil (aka You Better Watch Out) (1980) - Movie review plus screencaps:
|Santa? Oh God, No!|
|Shaving cream, be nice and clean, shave every day and you'll always look keen.|
|Santa's Got a Butcher Knife|
|Santa Claus Line-Up|
The juxtaposition of these two elements, the gory psycho-killings, and the joy and love of the Christmas season, is so weird that it's kind of awesome. Legendary bad-taste filmmaker John Waters calls Christmas Evil, "the greatest Christmas movie ever made," and I'm inclined to agree. It's certainly like no other Christmas film you're ever likely to see. I wholeheartedly recommend this film to anyone looking for something weird to watch for the holidays.
- Set during the holiday season, from Thanksgiving through Christmas Day.
- Features a toymaker who makes toys at home and in a toy factory.
- Christmas decorations.
- Christmas trees.
- A snow globe.
- Christmas presents.
- A man in a Santa Claus suit.
- Christmas music is sung.
- A quote from "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" is recited in a voice-over.
- An office Christmas party.
- List are made of boys and girls who are naughty and nice.
- Christmas movies are watched on TV.
- Kids sneak out of bed to watch Santa Claus bring presents.
|Rating: 4½ Robots (out of 5)|
|John Waters on Christmas Evil: "The best seasonal film of all time. I wish I had kids. I'd make them watch it every year and, if they didn't like it, they'd be punished!"|
More screencaps after the jump...
|Christmas Eve 1947|
|Santa Claus Collection|
|Spying on Little Kids|
|Toy Factory Assembly Line|
|Angry Old St. Nick|
|Sewing a Santa Costume|
|Painting His Van|
|Gluing a Beard to His Face|
|The Office Christmas Party|
|Stabbed in the Eye|
|Santa Swings a Bloody Axe|
|Bodies in the Snow|
|A Naughty Child's House is Marked|
|Stuck in a Chimney|
|He Sees You When You're Sleeping|
|The Children Protect Santa From a Man With a Knife|
|Santa Claus is Hunted by an Angry Torch-Bearing Mob|