Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Frozen (2010)

Your Weird Uncle's Winter Wonderland Family Film Festival



Hi!  I'm Your Weird Uncle.  If you're like me, you might have children visiting your home for the holidays.  That's why it's a good idea to stock up on family friendly holiday movies, so the little tykes have something to do and don't get bored.  My buddy Larry over at my local Hollywood Blockbuster Video just hooked me up with a big stack of VHS tapes of all the latest and classic Christmas movies, so I'm all set!



Larry's kind of a creepy guy, and honestly, some of these movies look kind of... off.  But he works at the video store, so he must know what he is talking about.  Larry assures me that they are chock full of Snowfall, Santa Clauses, Jingle Bells, and all that Chrstmas stuff that the kiddies go nuts for.  I'm looking forward to watching them with my three nephews.



First up is a movie called "Frozen."  I may not be up on all the latest kiddie flicks, but even I have heard of this one! I think it's one of those "Disney Princess" movies that drive the youngsters bananas.  Sounds perfect for a night of family fun.  I'll be back after I watch the movie with my review...

Me and my three nephews getting ready to watch "Frozen"
Frozen (2010)


What the heck was that?  Kiddie movies sure have changed since I was a kid!  To begin with, I thought this movie was a cartoon musical, but it was actually live action, and they didn't sing anything!  Talk about false advertising!  And seriously, this is supposed to be a movie for kids?  It's all about a group of skiers who get stranded on a mountain and have to contend with freezing to death and getting eaten alive by wolves.  "Bambi," it ain't.

I guess the girl in the pink is the princess?  I'm so confused...

It was scary, and gory, but also kind of boring in spots.  It seemed like maybe they had the footage for about one hour's worth of good movie in there, but they tried to stretch it out to feature length, and lost a lot of the tension in the process.

Body Parts

Although it doesn't seem like the sort of thing that I personally would pick for a kid to watch, I know this "Frozen" movie is hugely popular with the kids, so maybe it's just a generational thing.  And to be fair, my three nephews seemed to love it.  All of their faces were streaming with tears of joy.

I'm a CREEP for The 13 Days of CREEPMAS

MORE SCREENCAPS AFTER THE BREAK...




Missing!  It looks like there's gonna be a mystery to solve!

You Can Die

Stuck in the Middle With You

Crikey!  There's a bone sticking out of that guy's leg!

"Good doggie..."

"Bad doggies!  Bad!"


Ice Princess


James Bond!

Blood on the Snow


Bloody Leg Chunks

Merry Christmas, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment